Your child is a precious gift to you -- and to the world. At Gan Israel, we offer a warm, creative, loving environment - a home away from home - where each child can spend the days playing, learning, exploring, and growing. Each child's specialness is valued and nurtured. At Gan Israel, the very best concepts of early childhood education and the beauty of our Jewish tradition are integrated into a meaningful, exciting, and enriching experience. Learning and playing are self-rewarding, joyous, and non-competitive. Your child will be encouraged to grow in independence, creativity, self-esteem, self-control, and self-confidence.
Curriculum is planned with the awareness that children learn best by doing. The program activities are therefore designed to help children learn more about the world, their heritage and their values through hands-on activities and active involvement.
We believe …
- that the home is the most important factor in a child's development. We will always strive to support and complement the family in order to promote healthy development of children and parents.
- that loving, trusting, and respecting each child makes that child capable of loving, trusting and respecting others.
- that each child should be guided and encouraged to have a positive self-image.
- that children need a nurturing, safe and happy environment which promotes their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- that play is the work of children and through it children explore the world around them by using their senses.
- that children deserve to have teachers whose values enable them to be excellent role models.
At Gan Israel Preschool we see each child as a unique and precious gift entrusted into our care. This concept is what informs our school's educational approach. Emphasis is placed on the individual child and on encouraging each child's innate inquisitiveness and thirst for knowledge. Small classes and excellent student-teacher ratios ensure each child receives individual and caring attention.